Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Overview Records of the Altruist Club
Overview This collection contains scrapbooks from the Ogden Chapter of the Altrusa Club. Altrusa was founded in Nashville in 1917 as a place for business and professional women to meet and exchange ideas. Since the organization required its members to be working professionals, Altrusa decided to make vocational education for women a national policy. Vocational Guidance expanded over the years to include not only scholarships and guidance for young women but older women as well. Despite issues of...
Overview This collection contains reproductions of important documents pertaining to United States history. The reproductions are mounted on laminated boards and were donated by the Exchange Club.
Overview This collection was transferred from the Special Collections Department at Utah State University in February 2005
Overview The Knights of Pythias is a secret fraternal organization or order founded in Washington D. C. in 1864. The purpose of the order was social and charitable service. The order was founded upon the legend of Pythias, a 4 th century B.C. Pythagorean philosopher and his devotion to friend Damon. The Sisters of Pythias was established to allow women into the order. The order is divided into ranks of page, esquire, and knight. Each rank is given a color and symbol. Pages are blue and "F" for...
Scope and Contents This collection of primary documents relating to the Ogden Coin Club gives a uniqueinsight into the origin, planning and organization of this club.The collection includes meeting minutes, agenda notes, membership records, monthlyattendance sheets, magazine and newspaper articles pertaining to the club, as well asevent flyers, medal designs and photographs.The collection is organized by topic with the financial documents set in...
Overview A collection of materials donated by the Daughters of the American Revolution. It includes photographs, tools, household items, and school information from early Ogden teacher, Linda Irwin.
Overview A collection of buttons and tokens from various groups and function from Ogden history from the 1930's through the 1990's.
Overview This collection was donated by Edward Nusbaum in 2002. It consists of the minute book of the chapter from 1960-1968. Included among the minutes are the Constitution of the chapter, newspaper articles, programs, and notes on the speakers that presented during the meetings. People of interest involved in the society include Dr. Dello Dayton, Mrs. LaVon Carroll, and Richard Ulibarri. Lecturers included Leonard Arrington, Brigham Madsen, Joseph Dixon, and George Ellsworth.
Overview The National Committee for Peace was established in 1910. They were celebrating the century of peace between the United States and the United Kingdom. Utah created it’s own committee and was chaired by Governor William Spry. This collection contains materials leading up to the celebration in 1914. Included is a minute book and correspondence.
- Subject: Clubs and Societies X