Skip to main content

Altrusa Club Collection

 Collection
Identifier: MS-269

Overview

This collection contains scrapbooks from the Ogden Chapter of the Altrusa Club. Altrusa was founded in Nashville in 1917 as a place for business and professional women to meet and exchange ideas. Since the organization required its members to be working professionals, Altrusa decided to make vocational education for women a national policy. Vocational Guidance expanded over the years to include not only scholarships and guidance for young women but older women as well. Despite issues of international concern, Altrusa is, first and foremost, a community based grassroots organization that seeks to solve the problems in our back yards. Busy Altrusans raise money for local charities, volunteer at battered women's shelters, help runaway teens, build houses for Habitat for Humanity, and so much more. The club records start in 1961 for the Ogden Chapter. In the scrapbooks include photographs, newspaper clippings, newsletters, and reports from the national conventions. The collection was donated in 2005 by Janet Oberg.

Dates

  • 1961 - 2000

Extent

6 Boxes

Arrangement

BOX 1





Item 1 Scrapbook 1961-1962



Item 2 Scrapbook 1963-1967



BOX 2



Item 1 Scrapbook 1968-1970



Item 2 Scrapbook 1971-1972



BOX 3



Item 1 Scrapbook 1972-1973



Item 2 Scrapbook 1973-1974



BOX 4



Item 1 Scrapbook 1984-1986



BOX 5



Item 1 Scrapbook 1990-1999



BOX 6



Item 1 Photograph Album 1973-1984
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the WSU Stewart Library Special Collections Repository

Contact:
3921 Central Campus Drive Dept 2901
Ogden UT 84408