Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The original typescript and also the printer's proof of "The History of Medicine in Weber County from 1852 to 1980." This book was compiled by the Auxiliary to the Weber County Medical Society and copyrighted in 1983.
This collection contains 74 diaries of Dr. Edward Rich and his wife Almira. They begin in 1892 and run through 1965. The bulk of this collection centers on Almira's diaries that run from 1897-1947. During that time she documented her personal life and the medical practice of Edward, the community of Ogden and national events such as the outbreaks of WWI and WWII. The diaries also include newspaper and magazine clippings, memorabilia and pins.
This collection was donated in October 2001 by Mary Martin, George Fister’s daughter. Housed in these records are copies of lectures, photographs, and research conducted by Fister. Items of interest include a letter from President Dwight Eisenhower, a photograph of early Ogden, and documentation of Fister’s inauguration as President of the American Medical Association.
This collection contains the printer plates used in the publication "History of Medicine in Weber County."
This collection consists of a manuscript copy of a book, A History of St. Benedict’s Hospital:
Ages – Old Stability and Modern Change written by June Krambule and Sister Estelle Mordick
for the 34 th anniversary of St. Benedict’s Hospital, 1980. Copyrighted by the Auxiliary of the
Weber County Medical Society.
This collection of primary documents relating to the Thomas D. Dee Memorial Hospital was Recently discovered within the archives of the McKay-Dee Medical Center. Because of their of Their historical significance they will be incorporated within the Thomas Duncome Dee Family Collection and housed in the Special Collections Department of the Stewart Library at Weber State College.
Items from the original Dee Hosptial.