Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Mining

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:

Sterling Sessions and Gene Sessions UC/UI Research Files

 Collection
Identifier: MS-265
Overview This collection contains materials gathered by Sterling Sessions and Gene Sessions during their research from 1976-2004 on the history of Utah Construction Company. Most of the collection are photocopies of original documents.
Dates: 1976 - 2004

The Francis W. Woods Collection

 File
Identifier: MSS-46
Overview Mineral patent certificate for H.W.O. Margary and Frederick A. Shiells, dated October 31, 1882

for the Silver Chief Lode, Weber Mining District, Utah. Includes a plat map of the claim and

United States’ President, Chester A. Arthur’s signature. Donated by Francis W. Woods.
Dates: 1882-10-31

The Joseph Chamberlin Collection

 File
Identifier: MSS-45
Overview Certificate made to Joseph Chamberlin for five hundred shares of stock in the Orleans Silver

Mining & Tunnel Co., Lucin Mining District, Box Elder County, Utah, March 31, 1875.
Dates: 1875-03-31

The Lawrence T. Dee Plaque Collection

 Collection
Identifier: MS-170
Overview These items were donated in 2002 by the Dee family. The collection contains two framed certificates presented to Lawrence T. Dee and a framed photograph of Lucky Mc in Wyoming. Lucky Mc was an uranium mine owned and operated by Utah International, of which Lawrence T. Dee served as a member of the Board of Directors.
Dates: 1976

UCC Symposium Photographic Exhibit 2002

 Collection
Identifier: MS-187
Overview This collection contains the photographs and captions displayed during the 2002 UCC Symposium at Weber State University, Stewart Library.
Dates: Other: Date Not Yet Determined

Utah Construction Company Symposium Exhibits

 Collection
Identifier: MS-149
Overview This collection contains nine boxes of matted photographs that were used during the 2001 inaugural Utah Construction Company Symposium. Each photograph is double matted with acid-free mats and has Velcro on the back for placing onto the panels. The photographs are separated by acid-free paper to prevent scratching of the photos from the Velcro. The photographs detail the history of the company from 1900-1976 including photos of the founders and major worldwide projects completed by the...
Dates: 1900 - 1976

Utah Construction Company/ Utah International

 Collection
Identifier: MS-100
Overview The Utah Construction Company/Utah International Archives was donated to the Special Collections Department of the Stewart Library by Edmund W. Littlefield of San Francisco in October 1999. The acquisition consists of records pertaining to the construction and mining activities of the company. In the manuscript records, the Board of Directors and employees often refer to Utah Construction Company as “Utah.” The Thomas D. Dee Family donated “An Inventory of Corporate Records: 1906 to 1961” in...
Dates: 1900 - 1976