Horspool and Kelly Furnace Door Patent
Correspondence, patent specifications, pamphlet and receipts for a standard furnace door and deflector plate for locomotives by F. L. Horspool and Geo. J. Kelly, patentees and owners, Ogden, Utah, 1897-1901. In oversize drawer.
- 1897 - 1901
Language of Materials
1. Letter to F.L. Horspool from Superintendent
Frederic Coudert from the Union Pacific
Railroad regarding trying furnace door on a
train in Ogden. Dated May 14, 1897.
2. Letter to F.L. Horspool from Superintendent
J.F. Dunn from the Oregon Short Line
Railroad Co. concerning royalty on fire
doors. Dated September 17, 1897
1. Correspondence to F.L. Horspool from
General Master Mechanic John Hickey of
the Rio Grande Western Railway about
making a trial of the furnace door. Dated
January 3, 1898.
2. Letter to F.L. Horspool from Superinten-
dent J.F. Dunn of the Oregon Short Line
Railroad Co. concerning costs. Dated
January 7, 1898.
Letter to Geo. J. Kelly from W.H. Olson of the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. concerning the royalties for the standard fire door. Dated March 13, 1899.
1. Correspondence to Horspool & Kelly from Superintendent J.H. McConnell of the Union Pacific Railroad Company concern- ing trial of furnace doors. Dated March 22, 1900.
2. Letter to Horspool & Kelly from Mechanical Engineer Max Toltz of the Great Northern Railway Line regarding his interest in information about the fire door. Dated June 15, 1900.
3. Letter to G.J. Kelly from Max Toltz re-
garding sketch and pamphlet of fire door
and deflector plate. Dated June 30, 1900.
1. U.S. Patent Office receipt to Francis L.
Horspool, May 24, 1898.
2. U.S. Patent Office receipt to F.L. Horspool
and Geo. J. Kelly, August 10, 1901.
3. Wells Fargo Express Receipt fo Geo. J. Kelly, May 21, 1898
1. Pamphlet for Standard Furnace Door.. and
Deflector Plate by F.L. Horspool and Geo.
J. Kelly, Patentees and Owners, Ogden, Utah.
1. Patent specification for Door and Deflector
Plate for Steam Boiler Furnaces (Oversize)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the WSU Stewart Library Special Collections Repository
3921 Central Campus Drive Dept 2901
Ogden UT 84408
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com