05. College of Arts & Humanities
This record group contains the records for the College of Arts and Humanities. When Weber became a state institution in 1933, there were four divisions, Humanities being one of them. In 1936 the division combined with the Division of Social Sciences to become the Division of Liberal Arts. In 1938 it combined with the Division of Sciences to become the Division of Arts and Sciences. In 1940 it was reorganized into the College Preparatory Division with the department structures abolished. In 1943 the College Preparatory Division reorganized into divisions, one of which was the Deivision of Humanities. Sometime between then and 1967 it was reorganized into the Division of Humanities, Life Sciences, and Social Sciences. In 1967 it became the School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences. In 1975 the school was changed into the School of Humanities.